Who needs an auction or estate sale?
Auctions and estate sales are profitable ways to sell household goods for people who have inherited property they do not need, are moving out of the area or into a retirement community or nursing home. Auctions are also a good way to liquidate business inventory and real estate.
What is the difference between an auction and an estate sale?
An Auction is a public sale of property sold to the highest bidder. In an estate sale, all merchandise is appraised, priced and sold on a first come, first served basis.
Who uses our services? We sell estates for heirs, executors, trustees,attorneys, conservators ad Realtors. We assist people who are moving up or down-sizing and want to sell unneeded items and real property. We help business owners liquidate inventory and real property.
Why hire a professional?
Professionals make money for the estate. The selling of an estate, requires knowledge of the value of antiques, collectibles and common items that make up an estate. A professional can determine the best market for the sale of your business or personal property: auction, estate sale, or international internet web site. Real estate can be auctioned along with residential contents or business inventory. These sales require merchandising, sales skills, planning, organizing and hard work.
Specifically, what services are provided?
- Professional appraisal as needed
- Organization of items for a catalog auction sale
- Individual pricing for each item in the estate
- Placement of advertising
- Mailing of post cards or brochures for sale
- Experienced pricing and sales staff
- A large, consistent clientele of buyers including antique dealers
- Security as appropriate
- Organized display of items in the sale
- Placement at internet site as appropriate
- Wine & Cheese auction previews
- Licensed and experienced auctioneer